Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gulab Jamun



1.Milk Powder-1cup
   All purpose Flour-2tbsp
   Baking Soda-1/4tsp
   Ghee-2tbsp
   Milk-1/2cup
2.Sugar-11/2cup
   Water-1 1/2cup
   Crushed Cardamom seeds-5
3.Refined oil/Ghee




  • Mix sugar,water and crushed cardamom seeds in a pan.Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.Set aside
  • In a bowl,add milk powder,all purpose flour and baking soda.Mix well.Add 2tbsp ghee and mix it with dry ingredients..Add milk little by little and make a soft dough.Cover and keep it aside for 25-30 minutes.
  • Divide the dough into 20 portions.Shape into smooth balls.
  • The balls are deep fried in refined oil/ghee till the color becomes golden brown.
  • Add fried gulab jamuns into the warm syrup.The balls should soak in the syrup for at least 2 hours before serving.

16 comments:

  1. GJs have come out so well.( That's what my kids call them )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ente favourite sweet annu ganga....perfect jamun da...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Gulab Jamun..
    www.savitharajsspiceland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmm :) I have them at home right now to satisfy my temptation :) Delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious..They turned out great and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely gulab jamuns. love them hot with a dollop of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks soft and perfect...yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish i could reach thro my computer for a taste..:P
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  9. my fav, looks delicious and feel like having some now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sherikkum kodipichu! How did you make it to such perfection? Kudos dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My niece loves Jamun. She is coming to visit me in May, and I will try to make there for her! I am a new follower. Patsy

    ReplyDelete