Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cinnamon Palmiers (Elephant Ear Cookies)



Puff pastry sheets-3
Sugar-1cup
Cinnamon powder-1/2tbsp




  • Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
  • Mix sugar with cinnamon powder.
  • Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar on a clean surface.Place puff pastry sheet on the sugared surface and sprinkle 2tbsp of sugar-cinnamon mixture over the sheet. Press gently with a rolling pin until the sugar is pressed into the puff pastry sheet on top and bottom. Roll each side inward until they meet in the middle.

  • Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  • Cut pastry into strips about 1cm thickness.

  • Bake at 200 degrees until sugar has caramelized.(about10 minutes)
  • Transfer to a rack and cool.

14 comments:

  1. Look soooo yummy.....vaayil vellam varunnu

    ReplyDelete
  2. ganga, nowadays u become baking king!perfect palmiers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....perfect cookies....adipoli dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ganga!
    I LOVE palmier. my mum used to make them, they r soo addictive.
    yours look so delicious, I wish I could have a few with my tea right now.
    thx for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, very yummy, I love cinnamon and sugar combo, bookmarked:),

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are my favourite, looks very delicious.

    ReplyDelete